Monday, February 19, 2007

Full stop.

Am in my last few days of work at THE Shankar Narayan Architects......Was only a 6 month journey but feels like it has been forever.....

The Man : Awesome, softspoken, mmmmmmm, and a lot more.

Work : It was a wonderful experience all in all considering the variety of work I got to do...residences, banks, estimations, tenders, damn...just about everything!

Company: ahem......If it werent for Laas n recently Pal....I would've probably choked myself to death!And what to say about putting up with creepy people even the look of whom makes you feel nauseous and disgusted.....But I did have a lot of fun..... Coloring,,, Crosswords, Sudoku, sadistic humour which was just lost on dumb people, sometimes crazy work scheds, being told that Laas was about to die (every few minutes) yet seeing her alive(alas!!!!)...listening to Telugu songs ( eeeeeks) then listening to whatever we liked......THEN listening to Pallavi sing (The nightingale...truly)....was gr8..... Oh!!!!and the numerous weddings and Birthday parties we were unwantedly a part of!!The blaring dhinchak songs,,,the SEXY (ughh) voice of the Pujari....the resulting headaches... made me take some very important decisions about my own wedding,,,i.e no remix music, no mike near the pujari....to name a few....

Future :Phew, tough one,,, no clear path ahead....no sign of a much awaited and dreamed about Master's degree....hopefully somewhere it exists in my cards... Somewhere,I know I have it in me,,,just have to look for it deeper....Career insecurities ruling the roost right now.. :(
Will look for a good job in Bangalore which i'll like. Dreams galore!!
Till I find my own path, I go wherever life leads me on.

Lesson :Do not get typecast in one particular field,,,,be open to everything.

Well, that makes it three offices I worked in...but Auroville still stands out as the best for its unmatchable discipline and standards and blah blah....

Maybe, I'll edit this post later with my feedback letter from Shankar sir... :)