Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Two roads

There was a path deep in the woods,
At a point it forked- one bad, one good.
I chose to take the left hand path,
I did not know, I had no map.
Now this road that I travelled was dirty and battered,
Littered with dreams, broken and tattered.
Paved with wrongdoings and dotted with hearts,
taken from people and just torn apart.
Pain and regret were common here,
Wherever I turned, they were always near.

I wanted to cross to the other path,
and leave behind this painful wrath.
I thought I was forever doomed to walk.
And all the gates were tightly locked.
But as i continued, a footbridge I could see.
A bridge called hope, calling out to me.
Slowly I crossed to the path of good.
Hidden somewhere deep in the woods.

I once was wrong, but now am right.
And before me glows a beacon light.
Altered by few misguiding steps,
I was so close to falling in darkened depths.
But luck played and I was pulled to hope,
I found the footbridge and learned to cope.
The choices you make can so change your life,
One will bring hapiness, the others bring strife.
Heed my warning because I know,
Follow your heart, you'll know where to go.